Monday, July 21, 2014

Life IS an adventure!!



I am so loving the path of adventure my life is on right now. I have always said I wanted to travel and I have always wanted to connect with people from other areas to learn all about how others live within their demographics.....and I am doing just that!!!

A friend of mine recently helped me recall that when I was about 10-12 years old I used to buy Teen Beat Magazines and turn to the back section where they had Pen Pals listed that you could write to. I had almost a dozen different pen pals from all over the world, and one main one I kept for years from Ohio. I just loved getting and writing letters to share adventures with one another and to learn about how each other lived. 

Well yesterday, as I hiked down the Virgin River in Zion National Park in Utah, I almost had more fun talking to all the people along my path as I did looking at the scenery and experiencing the wonders every step had to offer, which I really embraced. I had a huge smile on my face almost the whole way (except when I shimmied across a tree log to get across rocks and deep waters.....I was scared to death!). I felt lesson after lesson with every step. I realized that when I hurried to catch up with my tour guide (Chris, the owner of the Airbnb I am staying at) or when I followed the path that he felt most level footed with (he liked the wet sand but I learned that I felt less wobbly on the dry sand), that is when I would lose my footing, wobble, and almost fall. I realized yesterday that when I went the speed that felt best to ME and followed the path that felt the most natural to ME, I felt most at ease and in my own power and therefore was able to have all the experiences meant for ME! Gosh, how else does this play in my every day life? 

As I write this I am sitting in the backyard of the Airbnb I am staying at in Utah and taking in all it's magnificence and beauty as I contemplate where I will stay tonight. Am I feeling drawn to stay another night here in Southern Utah or buy some camping gear to move onto Colorado to stay at a KOA before I head to Arizona to visit my sister and her kids for a few days? All I know is there is so much to look forward to on this adventure and I am tapping into my inner desires and guidance to bring me to the places where I will experience all that is meant for me on this path of discovery!! 

Every day, every moment, is an adventure in all of our lives, whether on the road living out a life long dream or waking up in your own bed and living the life you built. What do you say we all agree to live our adventures to the fullest? Let's embrace all that life has to offer with all the lessons along the way. I'm going to, are you? 







No comments:

Post a Comment