Saturday, July 26, 2014

Connecting....with self and others!

One of my biggest core desires is connection and on this trip, that is much of what I am seeking...connection with myself, nature, other people and on this leg of my journey, with my sister, Kim. It is not often we get to see one another since she lives in Arizona and I have been living in California and because we are both single mothers; me with 3 children and her with 4. For the past 10-16 years our lives have predominently been of survival with our children as our priority and with us not really even on our priority list, or at least with us inadvertently getting pushed to the bottom of it or pushed off of it all together. We both have always desired more "me" and "us" time with spiritual practices, adventures and connection but neither of us had found the balance of being able to do so, nor the financial means or time available, while meeting the demands of single parenthood.

Well today we are taking a much needed and well deserved overnight trip (journey) to Sedona....together!!!!

Sedona is not only a beautiful and serene place but has been long known for it's spiritual power center. Power that emanates from the vortexes there produces some of the most remarkable energy on the planet which is why Sedona is full of people on a path of making a commitment to grow and become as much as they can spiritually. A large New Age community has sprung up in the Sedona area bringing with it a variety of spiritual practices and alternative healing modalities and is the reason Sedona has sometimes been called a spiritual Disneyland. Well today I am going on a spiritual adventure of connection, on so many different levels, with my big sister. I cannot wait to experience all that awaits us in this energetic and spiritual epicenter. Stay tuned!!!






1 comment: