Thursday, July 17, 2014

Falling in love....again and again!!


As many of my friends may know, I fell in love back in February (2014)...with Midtown, Sacramento. I was there for the first time, to teach a class, and the more time I spent there, the more I felt at home and like I found the place I belonged. It had a very spiritual vibe and a flare for "anything goes". It was truly the first time I felt like I was where I was supposed to be. So, I made the decision, based on what I truly desired, to move there just 3 months later. I rented a space in a cute Victorian with the intention to use it as my work and living space. It was perfect! Very quickly I began making great friends and business connections that made my decision feel that much more justified, not that I needed any further justification other than saving LOTS of money on rent and following my true desires. 
Two weeks later, however, the lady I was renting from decided I was not the best fit for the space and therefore gave me a 30 day notice to vacate (I later found out she also gave the same notice to her son who lived on the top floor of the unit). I was devastated, for a minute (or two, or three...) until I really connected with what this meant for me and what I felt like the Universe was urging me to do which was travel. Traveling is something I had talked about wanting to do for as long as I can remember and something that was really pulling me at the same time as moving to Midtown. I just didn't see who to make it happen.  But now, I no longer had rent to pay which allowed me to use that money instead, to travel. Sounded pretty good to me except that I had just found a place that felt like home and was making great friends. People told me that I would find other places that felt like home and meet more friends however, Midtown was the first place I had found where I felt at home. It seemed unlikely (never impossible) that I would find another place where I felt so part of a community. Well, to my surprise, the Universe would quickly surprise me. 

I set out on my USA trip on Wed., July 16th and stayed overnight in Vegas on my my way to Utah to explore Zion National Park and the other areas I had only heard about in the southern part of Utah. (as soon as I started planning my trip 3 people mentioned that I must go to Zion). Since a big part of my trip involves me wanting to connect with others (my 3 core desires that are guiding me are....Connection, Freedom and Exploration) I decided to look into a site called Airbnb where you can rent a room in someone's home virtually anywhere in the world. I was a bit nervous about doing so since I had never done anything even remotely close to something like that but I not only could I not afford a typical hotel room while on the road, I truly had a desire to connect with people all over the world. So, I booked my first airbnb, a private room, in St. George, Utah. I booked it for only one night, although I planned on staying in the southern Utah area for almost a week, just so I could check it out and check out Chris, the guy who owned the airbnb home. Well.....I immediately fell in love with the space and with Chris (a wonderful, spiritual, gay man) as soon as he greeted me at the door. He gave me a brief tour of the common use areas as well as my bedroom then we talked (truly connected) for about 1.5 hours. I told him I needed to get some dinner before I unpacked so he suggested a healthy Vietnamese Restaurant which I went straight to and LOVED. I allowed the owner to pick what I would eat. I wanted a true Vietnamese meal experience and not the "safe" meal I would have probably selected. The food, and the service, was excellent! 



When I got back to the airbnb, which is called The Zen Experience, by the way, I met the other 6 guest who were staying there and I loved them all. There was a couple from Oregon, a lesbian couple that had been all over, a guy from Armenia and a gy from San Jose, CA. We sat up talking about EVERYTHING until 1:30 am! To my amazement,  at my very first destination I found another place that felt like home!! I am finding that when you live a life based on your soul’s desires you are not only in alignment with your soul blueprint and what you were put on the Earth to do but you also attract to yourself the experiences and people to give you the experiences you most desire and need! I am in love!!!

The Zen Experience
St. George, Utah 
(www.airbnb.com)














2 comments:

  1. love this can't wait to read more about your adventures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following my travels. I am hoping to take more time to write much more. Stay tuned!

      Delete