Tuesday, July 29, 2014

From Coast to Couch.....

Anyone who read my previous posts knows I fell in love with Sedona, AZ when I drove through it on my way to Phoenix from Utah.....wow, was that really less than a week ago? I really fell in love with it at first sight but then, I got out of the car and felt the energy and saw just how spiritual this cute little town is with crystal shops, aura readings, energy healers, organic & vegan restaurants, rocks to meditate on, hiking, a creek and SO much more! My sister and I came for one night this past weekend and that was not enough for me so I am back now for 2 days and 2 nights to REALLY connect with myself and nature before moving onto my son's in New Mexico.

With this 2 day trip comes along a whole new adventure for me through what is called CouchSurfing. I am CouchSurfing while I am here, for my very first time. I learned about it while doing research for my trip. It is an online site where people go to either host travelers or surf for places to stay, for free while they are traveling. For the next 2 nights I am staying with a man (Peter) who has hosted over 250 CSers. I, as you can imagine, had some reservation about CS. It is a weird feeling to enter a person's home to stay with them when you haven't even met them. I was so nervous about it but had a great feeling about it (I am doing my best to follow my gut and intuition) and picked someone who I could tell was spiritual and who had A LOT of references. This is part of my Soul's Journey after all....to get past beliefs that no longer serve me, past my fears and to connect with like-minded people. This CS trip should prove to do all of the above especially since Peter only hosts CSers under one stipulation...that they climb to the top of Bell Rock with him (the rock in my picture). My "fear" of staying with a stranger was overridden by my fear of the hike....crazy how that happens. 

So far Peter has brought up 525 people to the top of Bell Rock, I will be the 526th person to go to the top with him. I hope you noticed how I worded that. I WILL get to the top of that rock even though my biggest fear is heights. After all, fear is just false evidence appearing real!! Peter assures me that this hike is more of a mental challenge than a physical one so I am going to conquer my mind and fear through this hike tomorrow morning. Stay tuned for pictures on Peter's fan page on Facebook at Peter Alan Gersten. You can see lots of pictures there now of others who went to the top as well as other fabulous photos of Sedona and of course....one day, many of the pics will also be on my blog (I am not posting and writing as often and as much as I would like.....yet!). 

Thank you for following me on my Soul's Journey. It is also exciting for me to find out what is going to happen next! 

View of Bell Rock while sitting on Peter's deck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment