Saturday, November 1, 2014

Being Real! How my Soul's Journey got started….


The below "Being Real" post is something I posted on Facebook on June 17, 2014, just one month before I set out on the road on my Soul's Journey. I am currently in Sebastian, Florida (visiting a cousin I have not seen in 27 years) and am reflecting on the past 3 1/2 months and where I am lead to go from here. In part of the writing and reflecting I was reviewing my path to get on the road and this post really jumped out at me. It really explains a lot of what propelled me to get on the road and explore the wonders of travel. I just had no idea just how wonderful it would be. Truly amazing what happens when you make a decision, take action, and have faith. Enjoy the truly authentic side of me! ;)


Being Real....putting it all out there in a vulnerable and authentic way!

The past year and a half of my life has been really tough. I went out on stress leave from my corporate job in Feb 2013. Was having bouts of anxiety due to the job and was overworked and stressed beyond belief. Things turned out in such a way that I never returned to that job and I hope to NEVER have to work in such an environment again.
I have been doing everything I can to stay positive, while growing and working on ME, and to build my own business (LoveAKA), which has been my passion for years.
Fast forward to the past month and a half. The saying is God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Well, he obviously thinks (knows) I can handle a whole lot!!! I moved to Sacramento in early May to minimize my rent/expenses. Found the place I thought was the perfect location (with a "landlord" that seemed so sweet and like a lady who would quite possibly be like a "replacement mom" for me) in an area I LOVE. I moved all by myself as an empty nester, living by myself for the first time EVER! My new home was also going to be my place of business. It had the perfect layout for workshops, classes and one on one coaching, everything I have been building for. Well, I made the "mistake" of trusting this woman who I come to find out has multiple mental disorders. We didn't sign the lease right away (it was all verbal agreements) and she decided 2 weeks after I moved in that I wasn't the best fit for her rental so she gave me a 30 day notice to move out. I have had to ask myself, several times, what my lessons are here. I KNOW it is a sign that more and better is to come but the process has NOT been easy, to say the least.

So.....I have decided to put my belongings in storage and drive across the country for a few months to visit people I care about that I have been too busy or didn't have enough money to fly to see (including my son who is in the Air Force and stationed in NM that I only get to see once a year). I just need and WANT to get a way for a bit and see our beautiful country (and maybe even go out of the country) and reconnect with people I care about. I have always wanted to travel but it never seemed like the right time and it never seemed possible (due to my responsibilities as a single mother and lack of funds). Life is too short and I don't want to make any more excuses not to do this. My kids are all in a position that they don't "need" me on a daily basis (and thank goodness they have a great dad).
I will be blogging along the way (my new site to be up...hopefully today at www.LoveAKA.com), sharing my experiences on the trip as well as all of the life lessons learned during the trip and before, leading up to me taking the trip. I believe this trip will make me an ever more powerful coach/teacher as well as a more grounded person. I am going to set out to see as many National Monuments as I can on my trip as well as visiting as many people I care about along the way.

I would love any/all suggestions as to places to see, cheap places to stay as well as traveling on a shoestring tips and tricks. Thanks for reading.....my love and peace to all!!! Stay tuned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment