Saturday, August 30, 2014

Beautiful Alabama!


   I never thought I would use beautiful and Alabama in the same sentence. That may not sound nice but being from California, and living there most of my life, I just never imagined it would be so beautiful and would have so much to offer. I was floored when I saw the Welcome to Alabama sign. I recall myself thinking, "Beautiful? Really?" Well, it really is!!





   I am staying with my friends, Darin and Jacque who were stationed in Japan the same time as my (ex) husband (1994-1997) and Jacque was my BFF. I had not seen them since they came through California 14 years ago. 
   I suppose my opinions thus far, of Alabama may be biased by their spectacular backyard. I could quite possibly stay in their yard forever and be content. It has a wonderful covered porch right out the back door, which has a fan so it never really gets too hot, and of course the beautiful pool that Darin keeps sparkling clean and then the wonderful lake/pool. I have not determined yet for sure if it is a lake or a pond. There is a debate amongst Darin and Jacque about that technicality but I think it is magnificent none the less. Just across the lake from their house is a landing of grass and on the other side is a fabulous creek that runs for miles and miles in either direction. Darin took me canoeing across the lake which was my first time ever in a canoe, and we went exploring down the embankment and into and down the creek, walking through it the whole way. It was about 85 degrees out at the time but the trees blocked the sun a bit and made the temperature quite pleasant. We were not able to walk for as long as I would have liked because it was getting dark and we did not bring a light and would have been eaten alive by the bugs but we were lucky to get back in time to see the glow of the sun still on the water.


The dock behind the house!



Enjoy the pictures from my little adventure and first time canoeing. Hopefully you can feel a bit of the tranquility I do every time I step foot out of their back door! Priceless!


So peaceful!! 

View of Darin and Jacque's house across the lake

Just a neighbor's house that I thought looked cool!





Alabama clay!












Millbrook, Alabama ~ August 28, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment